Monday, June 28, 2010

untitled

Saturday was great, I went to the Greek Festival with Caleb which was really fun. Granted it was hot as Hades out side even though we went at 8:15pm, and it was also crowded. This date actually was not about to take place because I threw a major tantrum. Yes, I am a 29 almost 30 year old grown woman and I threw a tantrum. Somethings you never grow out of.

Anyways, this is how my peaceful Saturday started. I got up and at 8:30am I decided to go running 5 miles to Newport and back. It is actually really cool that I live that close to Newport. Anywho, thanks to my friend Doreen I had my runner's fanny water pack. At first it was weird but I got used to it quickly. It was roughly 75 degrees so not very cool but not that hot yet. I ran, walked, cried all of the above but I finished and was pleased with myself. I noticed that I really need to work on my pace. I am going slower than I think I should be which makes me wonder if I am pushing myself or just getting lazy. I give myself many excuses as to why this or that. But in my defense it is really hilly running to and from Newport.

The ending degree was 86 so a dramatic increase of 10 degrees. My run took 92 minutes (18 mins) per mile I told myself that this is unacceptable and that I need to push myself more (I can walk faster than that). So today is the day that I will push myself but not to the point where I injure myself. I want to be faster not crippled.

To prepare for tonight and because my hair just looked horrible, I had a hair appointment at 1:30 but did not get there til 1:50. I was peeved at myself until I walked in and saw that she had 3 unfinished heads in front of me. Due to her being so behind I did not get in her chair til 2:45. Why do I keep going to this lady. UGH Thankfully I had a book, #4 called "The Memoirs of Helen of Troy" quickly becoming one of my favorites :)

Anyways, originally I thought that my hair would be finished at the latest 4pm, which would give me time to meet him at 6pm go bowling then to the Greek Festival. Not so. I did not get done until 5:35 and was super pissed. This is where my tantrum came in. He and I are on the phone and he still wants to come down and I am mad and telling him I hate my hair dresser and so on. Being the nice guy that he is, he listened to my ranting, venting and tantrum and still told me he would like to come down to see me. How cute, I think I will keep him (lol).

After the tantrum, I had some time to cool down before he came down and we had a great time.

The night went on with dessert, lovely music and great conversation.


Anyways, we are suppose to meet for dinner and the screening of The Last Airbender on Tuesday so hopefully the weather will be much nicer. But we will be inside so I guess the weather really does not matter.

Well I must go, until I write in you again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment