Friday, June 4, 2010

A Hiking we will go :)

So I had a really great date with Caleb last Saturday. We went to Hocking Hills, Ohio and hiked Old Man's Cave and Cedar Falls. Being the great guy that he is, this date was planned by him to aid me with crossing off two things from my list, one being hiking and the other taking a road trip to some place new.

It was such a wonderful time. The car ride was great. I was somewhat nervous because we spent the whole day together but it was not bad at all. Before we hiked we had a lovely picnic. Caleb prepared everything for us. It was a awesome lunch and I was so touched that he brought all items I liked. We had chicken salad on a croissant, kiwi, strawberries, green bean salad and carrots. Very filling and light at the same time.
As for the hiking, it was fun, dirty, awesome and just perfect. Caleb informed me that he was very impressed by how I was on the hike. He is a super hiker and this being my first experience I was worried that I could not catch up or that I would wimp out. But the scenery was just beautiful and the company was great. Distance wise it was good (6 miles), but the multiple climbing of steps really did me in. I was sore for four days. Granted I tend to climb steps on my tip toes so my calves burned like lava. Overall, looking back on our sixth date, I would say that I would totally go hiking again.

On a side note, I must thank my friend Kara for helping my pick a hikable shirt. She cracked up at the original shirt that I had picked out. Oh well, but now that I have done it before, I am now able to know what I need in preparation and how to should dress.

Well until I write in you again.....

No comments:

Post a Comment