Thursday, June 24, 2010

My very late 6 month recap :)

Today is actually a funny day. I am at work and should be working hard but I am having a hard time being motivated. I will just count this blogging as a 15 minute break :)

Well I decided to look at my list and I was getting a little bummed because I have less than 6 months and I have only completed 5 things (in bold) off of the list. That just did not seem right and so I looked at my list and my mood significantly improved. It has improved because even though I have completed 5 things, 14 activities (symbolized by *) are in progress. That is just MAJOR!!! Here is my lovely breakdown and recap of my activities:

1. Be a vegetarian for one week-this will take place after my 1/2 marathon in September
*2. Train & participate in a 1/2 marathon- even though I am still working out at the gym, I joined a running club and the marathon is scheduled for September 26th
3. Go hiking-this was completed on May 29th at Old Man's Cave (see A Hiking we will go post)
4. Go camping-this will be either late summer or early fall possibly during another hiking trip
*5. Visit a different state (so far I have been to 15)-I am going to West Virginia, New Jersey & California - maybe the remaining states will be on my 40 by 40 list ~lol~
* 6. Upgrade my wardrobe (10 new outfits)-I purchased 6 dresses mostly summer in nature and 6 causal shirts for work or a night out- let's face it, this activity will never be complete I love clothes
*7. Cook a new dish at least twice a month-32 meals total required, as of now 5 meals cooked
*8. Learn a different language-I am learning Spanish through an online program called Mango Languages
9. Take chances (don't let my anxiety take over)-even though I completed this, this is something that I will continue to do throughout my journey
*10. Drop at least 20 pounds-I haven't weighed myself in a while because I can get really obsessive so I do have the starting weight at home, I will weigh myself starting Monday to get a figure and then go from there. I don't think I gained weight but you never know I
*11. Save at least $500- so far I have $230 saved - man times have been HARD
* 12. Pay off at least 3 credit cards-one is paid in full so two more to go :P
13. Switch my license, my plates and tags to Kentucky-this has to be done before my birthday
*14. Start a blog and write in it weekly- I have been doing that, currently 14 posts out of the needed 36 but some weeks I wrote in it more than once, so per the calendar this is the posting for week 12 so 24 additional weeks to go.
15. Stock my wine bar- so I did not do the 3 different types breakdown but I still completed this and I have a nice variety of flavors to keep the masses pleased
*16. Finish decorating my house- I want atleast 3 more artworks (one is in process of being purchased), 2 area rugs, possibly a comfy bedroom reading chair, and more picture frames- hey I gotta capture my 30 activities :)
17. Go to an away sports game- I plan on traveling to see the Bengals play Indy or Atlanta
*18. Read at least 8 new books- so far I have read 3, I am on #4 and I listened to one on tape
19. Have a total spa day (full body massage, get my hair done, mani & pedi)- I am thinking this will take place the day before I leave for California (HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME)
20. Visit/take part in at least 3 cultural events- completed by me going to the Cincinnat Museum Center (I am pretty sure I have a posting on that one), a music recital & the Butterfly show -both events I will post about later
21. Take a tour of a winery- not sure when or where I will do this but it will happen
22. Take a road trip preferably to some place new- I went to Hocking Hills, Ohio to hike and next week I am going with Heather and Kara to West Virginia and I will be driving to Michigan and Atlanta or Indy so this event even though complete will continue on
*23. Finish my doctoral portfolio- I gotta to get better with this one, but I have started. The deadline for this is August so that in September I can sign up for Dissertation credits (people give me the motivation to make the Dr. Lbell nickname & potential license plate true)
*24. Buy my birthstone jewel, either as a necklace, ring or bracelet- I decided not to put this as in progress even though I did go to the jewerly store in Kenwood and looked at jewerly and priced them. On second though I am counting this activity so I now have 15 in progress
*25. Take an art class- I am signed up and paid for a class starting on August 18th
26. Make something, be it a pillow or quilt- I will start on this next month hopefully once Kara and I can come up with some dates to meet
27. Watch the sunset on the beach- with all of the cool places I am going, this should not be so hard, I will either do this in West Virginia if we are near or visiting a beach, Atlantic City since we will be staying on a beach or in Michigan for my girl Michelle's wedding on the beach-either way the possiblities are endless
*28. Do one crazy thing-to be determined later- this will probably take place in West Virginia
29. Take my grandmother to lunch or dinner- I have not scheduled this yet but I will
30. Let the people in my life know that I care about them- I was just gonna do a blog a week on all of my friends/family members but not many of them read my blog, and then I was just going to do a week tribute to friends/family on facebook but then I realized that I would not do that for everyone on my friends list so that idea was quickly killed, so I will come up with something else which will be good and private. so just wait

Well that was my update which turned my frown upside down. I am making progress and I am doing well. For the things that I have not even started, I at least have concrete plans and timelines so that makes me feel great. Even though I have only 5 months and 2 weeks all is not lost. I still have time, determination and great friends to share this journey with :) Until I write in you again.....

2 comments:

  1. Sewing- Kim & I are starting a sewing club! We are going to meet every other month at her house to swap things we've made & it is for all age levels. You'll love it once I tell you the details, I'm sure of it. We can make the items together at my house, if you'd like dear friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant all SKILL levels, not age levels. I think I've facilitated too many Girl Scout age level trainings... lol. :)

    ReplyDelete