Wednesday, October 20, 2010

The reasons I...

I hate you for many reasons and it is time that you understood why. I hate you because you are beautiful, I hate you because you want to be who you are, I hate you because you are everything I am not, I hate you because I am selfish, I hate you because I do not understand, I hate you because I am bored, I hate you because you don't look like me, I hate you because the Bible justifies it, I hate you because I am one of the elite, I hate you because I have nothing better to do, I hate you because I am afraid, I hate you because it makes me part of a group, I hate you because it is easy, I hate you because I believe I am doing God's work, I hate you because of my twist on the past, I hate you because I can not move on, I hate you because your religion is different then mine, I hate you because deep down I hate myself in some way. Even after this tirade of ignorance I am still wondering why people have hatred?!?!?!

I love you because you are beautiful, I love you because you want to be who you are, I love you because you are everything I am not, I love you because I try to be selfless, I love you because I understand, I love you because I am interested, I love you because you don't look like me, I love you because that is the best thing to do, I love you even when I am afraid, I love you because it makes me a better person, I love you even when it is hard, I love you because you are one of God's creatures, I love you because the events of the past, I love you because I can see your faults and accept that, I love you even if our religion differ, I love you because deep down we all want and need to be loved, I love you even when you make me cry, I love you when you don't understand me, I love you when your not around, I love you because I want to, I love you even when you hate me, I love you because that is all I know how to do. What a wonderful world to live in if we were like this.

Hopefully my love will touch others and hate will disappear. No I am not naive, I know hate exist in the world and I am sadden by it. The hate in the world if it win out would prevent me from having the life that I have now. If hate prevailed, the people in my life would not be in my life and that would make life unbearable. There is nothing positive that can come out of hate, but the possibilities are endless if there is love.

I never really thought about being hated. Maybe I just had rose colored glasses. Looking back on my 29 years of life, I have been called the "n" word several times, I have been overlooked, I have been talked about negatively just for being black, I have lost communication with people because of the choice I made regarding who to spent time with, and when I think of that I have cried but I never get angry because I know that I am not WRONG and I will continue to be who I am. If you can not accept that, that is your loss. So for the people who choose not to get to know me because I am Black, guess what???? You are losing out an knowing a great person if I say so myself :P

I think that who you love and who you are is something wonderful, special and unique with the only thing I have to say to that is be true to yourself and know that I love because I do....and if you doubt that just revisit the reasons why I love list :)

1 comment: