Sunday, October 17, 2010

July's Specials

So I have a new love affair with Chicken Salad. Granted not everyone makes it so yummy but I just love how creamy, and just how awesome it is. So for my first July meal I wanted to make a cool and tasty Chicken Salad with all of the ingredients that I wanted in it. So this is an original and it was very good. As Caleb would say, "I should open a restaurant".

Here are the steps to follow to make Keyta's Awesome Chicken Salad:

1lb of boneless, skinless chicken
2 TBS of olive oil
2 stalks of celery
1/4 cup of diced green onions
1/3 cup of dried cranberries
3 TBS of chopped pecans
2 TBS of sour cream
1/2 cup of mayo
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
1. Wash and dice chicken into cubes
2. Boil water and place chicken and 2 TBS of olive oil into pan (special note, I remade this reciep in October and instead I used bone in chicken with the skin and I baked it-I still put the olive oil on the chicken, by baking it the chicken is more juicy but either way baked or boiled this is great, the only thing is after baking let cool, remove skin and then cut chicken off the bone and continue following directions).
3. Drain chicken and place in medium bowl
4. Add sour cream and mayo (more can be used to make salad creamier)
5. Add dry ingredients (pecans, celery, cranberries & green onions)
6. Enjoy because it is good ( I added cheddar cheese and placed on a warm tortilla wrap)





My next meal was Ribs, Greens, Macaroni & Cheese. I wanted to do something different to my ribs so this time I marinaded them. I also just wanted to make some side dishes to make a filling but delicious meal.

Ingredients:
1 pk of Collard Greens
1 small hamhock for seasoning
2 TBS of olive oil
1 pk of Pork or beef ribs
For marinade (1-2 cups of red vinegar, salt & pepper, garlic powder, brown sugar)
barbecue sauce
3 cups of macaroni
2 cups of cheese (I used sharp cheddar)
1/2 cup of sour cream
1 TBS of butter
1/2 cup of milk
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
1. Wash greens and place in pot of water with hamhocks and 2 TBS of olive oil (total cooking time is 3-5 hours)
2. Mix together ingredients for the marinade then place ribs in for 35-45 minutes
3. After ribs have marinaded, bake for 1-2 hours, take out add barbecue sauce and put back in the oven for 25 more minutes
4. Cook macaroni as directed on box
5. In skillet mix butter, sour cream, milk, cheese, salt and pepper until you have made a cheese sauce
6. Mix cooked macaroni in skillet and add to baking pan
7. Add more cheese if desired and cook for 35-45 minutes
8. Remove from fire and enjoy your meal
*9. I did not make the corn muffin but it made an excellent addition.

No comments:

Post a Comment