Wednesday, October 6, 2010

June's Masterpieces

So I decided that instead of following someone else's how to I wanted to be creative all on my own. This month I made some Chicken Fried Rice and Chicken Pesto Pasta. I was more impressed with the Chicken Fried Rice. I will totally make that dish in a heartbeat. The Chicken Pesto Pasta is something that I need to restructure and do over. I am not saying that it was bad, because who wants to say that they made a horrible dish, I am just saying that it could have been a LOT better. A note, the meals below are single serving but just add more in order to accommodate the crowd you are feeding. Well, without further pause here are the creations I made in June.

Chicken Fried Rice: hopefully the picture does this dish justice.



Ingredients:

1 cup of brown rice
4-6 oz of boneless chicken
1 egg
2 tbsp of olive oil
1 red bell pepper
1 green bell pepper
1/4 cup of soy sauce
salt & pepper to taste

Directions:
Rinse off chicken and cut into bite size pieces- rinse green & red bell peppers- slice and cut into pieces- in heated skillet add Tbsp of olive oil, chicken, red & green peppers-add salt and pepper as desired. Cook rice for 10 minutes then drain.
Once chicken is cooked, add rice and another tbsp of olive oil. In separate bowl scramble egg and add to skillet. Cook until egg is done, add soy sauce and ENJOY!!

Chicken Pesto Pasta




Ingredients:

4-6 oz of boneless chicken
1 cup of pasta
3 tbsp of pesto
2 tbsp of olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
Romano Cheese

Directions:
Rinse off chicken and cut into bite size pieces. Cook pasta for 7-10 minutes, until tender. In skillet add olive oil, chicken, salt and pepper. Cook for 15 minutes and add drained pasta. Add pasta to skillet and add pesto. Cook for an additional five minutes. Put on plate, add cheese and enjoy your pasta.

No comments:

Post a Comment