Sunday, September 5, 2010

Sunset on the Beach

On August 27th I drove from Covington to Pentwater Michigan to witness the union of Michelle and her long time boyfriend Colin. This weekend was the first time I got the meet Colin, who I accept as my brother in law :) Being here also gave me the pleasure of spending time with Michelle since our Florida trip in 2008.

In regards to my list, I wanted to see the sunset on the beach. This is something that I am pretty sure I have done before in passing but to actually sit and watch it is so beautiful and calming that even the most harden person would melt. Watching the sunset off of Lake Michigan was able to wipe away the horrible 8 hour drive (through Indiana) and ease the sadness of being in a romantic and beautiful setting without my date.

But when your with loved ones, your never alone. Thankfully, I had a nice runner up for the sunset watching. My buddy since January 2000 Michelle. She stopped what she was doing to watch with me as the sun set off of the water. It was so breathtaking and peaceful. I fell in love with nature all over again by witnessing that sunset. I felt a sense of wonder and I said a prayer of thanks for giving me the opportunity to see this beauty.

Here is another shot of the sunset, to give you a mere glimpse of the beauty. I am so happy that I put this item on my list. Granted I love every item that is on my list but this one truly made my heart smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment