Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Feeling good for now

So I am feeling pretty good right now. I am making some real progress on my list. First I have been reading a Greek & Roman mythology book for pleasure. I can not even remember the last time I read a book for pleasure, or actually the last time I read a book. It is actually taking me quite some time to read it but I am slowly getting through it. Really, as long as I read one book a month I am on target.

This morning, I put aside $25 for savings, for a total saved of $158.97. I need $341.03 more to complete one of my 30. Hopefully I can put more in this week, but since I am paying more on my credit cards, the savings accumulation will be pretty small amounts initially. But hey, at least my total is a lot better than nothing.

I weigh myself every Monday and before I started this 8 month plan I have already lost 16 pounds because I gave up being lazy for Lent. Which for me was giving up watching hours of Law & Order every day. I think I went from 4 or more episodes a night to just 1 then going to work out from 8-10pm. It was hard at first giving up being lazy. It is so relaxing coming home after work, hanging with my doggie and vegging out and watching tv.

But I gave it up (not the true meaning of Lent-I know), but being lazy did hold me back and had a stranglehold on me. So, now I am going to the gym 4 days a week for roughly 100 minutes (or more depending on how good the movie in the Cardio Cinema is). I am feeling healthy and I really love working out and how it makes me feel. Also there are some hot guys there so my visual stimulation is pretty much working overtime lol. Anyways in the 40 days I lost about 15 pounds so I am pretty proud of myself. And on my list before my 30th I want to lose 20 more. I really want to lose more than that, but I figured 20 is feasible given my time frame.

So as of this week, I lost 1.6 pounds giving me 18.4 more to lose. Yay :) I am very happy and I hope that at this rate I surpass my 20, but I won't get cocky. I will be realistic. I really want to get back down to my original size of 145lbs but as long as I am in my healthy range and back to my size 8 I will be pleased.

In addition this week I tackled number 9 and took a chance by initiating a Saturday outing with a male friend. I told myself even if he says no, at least I tried right?!?!? Well we hung out last week so I figured sometimes it is okay for a girl to be assertive if she sees something that she wants. Anyways, I got a good sign yesterday from him and hopefully we will finalize the plans today or tomorrow but whatever happens I am just glad that I am taking my list seriously and that I am feeling accomplished. Granted this does not mean that I will cross number 9 off my list as complete, I will continue to take more chances maybe even raise the stakes :)

Another thing on my list I am making headway on is updating my wardrobe. I bought the cutest top from Old Navy that is a pretty spring and summer shirt. In the fall I could wear it over long sleeves and I brought some nice pair of capris. Granted with the weight I am losing they are not fitting as nice as I would hope. But, 1 outfit down, 9 more to buy. I also know that I will do some major clothing shopping in Atlantic City and California so I should be fine with this goal.

In reflection, the only thing about my list that is bothering me is that I have decided to do so many things that even though they are cool and what I want to do, it is expensive given my time frame. I think in my quick estimation of the list, I am looking at almost $5,000 worth of activities. ~Oh my~ I think only a handful of my 30 things are free (i.e. reading books, doctoral portfolio, sunset on the beach, etc). But given my determination to do these things I will make it happen. Or start a fundraiser lol.

Well I guess that is all, I will update whenever I have something new to add, or for my required once a week update whichever is first. Until then.......

No comments:

Post a Comment