Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The ever awesome update :)

Well, life is actually looking really good right now. I am feeling good about things and getting some items crossed off my list, with the help of some great people. So here is my recap.

I ran for 45 mins nonstop on Friday 4/23. I don't know what got into me, but I did and it was so awesome. I listened to my dear friend Kara and instead of going for speed I went for distance and so ranging from 4.0-5.6mph I did it. I am so proud of myself. Thanks to Caleb I made special note to stretch before and afterwards so big thanks to my thinkers :) I am feeling really good about this 1/2 marathon and I am getting so pumped for it. Running is so rewarding and freeing that I can't believe that I stopped for so long.

Monday was my weigh in day and I dropped 1.4 pounds. Yay :) So I need to lose an additional 17.2lbs. I sometimes get upset that the results are going so slow, but I do know that it is better to lose slowly than to lose a great deal fast and then put it back on after the diet. Thankfully I am not dieting, just monitoring portion sizes at times. I am happy that my clothes are fitting much better and for some of the clothing I can't wear it because it is super baggy. Which is leading me to wait a bit longer on fulfilling my wardrobe goal because what is the point of buying clothes now when in a month or two they will be too big.

I think that the real reason for my weight loss is because of the massive amount of time I am spending working out. This week though I am doing a little experiment where I am only working out for 80-90 mins. For some that may be a regular workout but for me that is nothing compared to the 115-140 mins four day a week work outs I am used to. So as for losing weight and training for the 1/2 marathon I am making some great progress. Today I will see if I can replicate the 45 min run and maybe even motivate myself to run longer.

On Sunday, Caleb and I went to the Cincinnati Museum Center where Asian Fest was going on. We sat in and heard the history and sounds of the Shaku hachi (Japanese Flute), we also got to watch and hear the songs of a Taiwan dance celebration, see beautiful artwork of the city and clothing/jewerly. While at the museum we also toured the Cincinnati History and Museum of Natural History & Science exhibits. It was such a wonderful day and the company was just awesome :) So now I have 2 more cultural events to attend. I am already thinking of a couple more so this is truly exciting.

My Greek Mythology book is just about finished. I have 24 pages left so I will most likely finish it this afternoon or tonight. So that makes me happy to be able to move on to another book. I am debating between Eat, Pray, Love or The Lucifer Effect. I may go with the first book considering that its pages are shorter. (That's not cheating...right?).

Well so far that seems to be all on my accomplishments for today. I feel like I should have more but what I have done and continue to do so far is good enough. I can not believe that this month has went by as fast as it has.

Well, until I write in you again......

1 comment:

  1. You are one of my most favorite people in the ENTIRE world!!! Reading your blog, I can actually hear you saying these words you write & it brings a smile to my face. :)

    ReplyDelete