Friday, April 9, 2010

8 months to go...

So this is my first posting on my blog and it feels kinda weird. I mean, I keep a book journal of my thoughts and let's face it, I don't even write in that everyday or very often and it's personal. With this, I feel like I will be opening myself up and being pretty vulnerable and if anyone knows me, I am not a fan of that. But I am opening up, trying new things and recapping on the end of an era, being in my 20's and the beginning of another, embracing my 30's and God willing experiencing more.

On April 3, the best idea came to my friend and like a good friend, I am borrowing it and making it my own :) In celebration of leaving my 20's behind and transitioning into my 30's (oh my) I have come up with a list of 30 things to do before I turn 30. Today was the best day to make my list official because I have exactly 8 months to get all of this accomplished. I feel that this is enough time to get this done. So the purpose of this blog is several things actually. One, to mark something off my list (kinda feel like that was cheating but what ever), two, to post all of my crazy times, and three to express myself in a different forum. This journey will be a good one and I am so excited to be on this path. Without further pause, here are my 30 things:

1. Be a vegetarian for one week
2. Train and participate in a 1/2 marathon
3. Go hiking
4. Go camping
5. Visit a different state (I have only been to 15 so far and 4 different countries)
6. Upgrade my wardrobe (which means buy at least 10 new outfits)
7. Get a cookbook and cook a new dish at least twice a month
8. Learn a different language (the debate is between Spanish and Sign language)
9. Take chances (don't let my anxiety take over!!)
10. Drop at least 20 pounds
11. Save at least $500
12. Pay off at least 3 credit cards
13. Switch my license, my plates and my tags to Kentucky
14. Start a blog and write in it weekly
15. Stock my wine bar
16. Finish decorating my house
17. Go to an away sports game
18. Read at least 8 new books
19. Have a total spa day (full body massage, mani, pedi and hair)
20. Visit/take part in at least 3 cultural events
21. Take a tour of a winery
22. Take a road trip preferably to some place new
23. Finish my doctoral portfolio
24. Buy my birthstone jewel either as a necklace, ring or bracelet
25. Take an art class
26. Make something, be it a pillow, a quilt, I just got to get creative
27. Watch the sunset on the beach
28. Do one crazy thing-to be determined later
29. Take my grandma to lunch or dinner
30. Let the people in my life know how much I care about them

So those are my 30 things to do. I feel that by accomplishing the above, I will feel so well rounded and just awesome. These are just the beginning of my thoughts and the wrap up of a fantastic decade of living. Thanks for reading and wish me luck :P

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, yeah, yeah!!! Soooooooooo excited that you're doing this too! & I think there's more on here we can do together besides the craft project. :)

    ReplyDelete