Tuesday, November 9, 2010

One month to go....

Oh snap where did the time go?!?! I have one month to go and I will be 30. For the first time in my life I am not worried, sad, or feeling blah about my birthday. This year has truly been one of the best years I have had and I can only thank God for that. Last year as I laid down sick on New Year's Eve I made myself a promise and I vowed that 2010 would be a great year and so far it has been.

I have actually grown up in my relationship with my family. Instead of being the passive one who got walked on, I have been standing up for myself. The costs of standing up for myself has been harsh but I told myself that it had to happen. I don't know what the future will hold but I can say that I took a stand and I love the freedom that it has given me.

Another thing that made this year great is that I devised a 30 by 30 list. Thirty activities that I wanted to do before I hit the big 30 and I can say that there is a high chance that I will not complete the list in the remaining time I have left. I think that my list will be short of 2 or 3 completed items, but I have done so much with my time that if I don't complete this, I will have no regrets and I will eventually do it. Maybe I will devise a list of things to do my first year of being 30 and the items that I don't do will be on it. (See I am always thinking).

My friends are still amazing and gifts that I am so blessed to have. I can truly be myself with them and tell them anything and still feel loved and accepted. It has taken me so long to feel that way. I felt like if my friends knew the true me that they would not love or accept me. It is so wonderful being proven wrong.

Caleb is the new addition to my life this year. I met someone who is similar yet different from me and I love that. He is the calm to my mania. I like to think that we pull something new out of each other that makes us that much more awesome (lol). I feel that I can be myself with him and not feel judged. I enjoy the time we spend together and that he makes me laugh, think about life, and cherish the moments I have. He has helped me with so many items on this list and has been there with a hug, kiss and smile.

There are so many things that I love about this year and some regrets that I have. I have completed a total of 17 activities, 8 are in progress and 5 I have not even started. The 8 that are in progress will be complete by the time of my birthday, of the five that I have not even started I am thinking that 2 won't be done (changing my plates from OH to KY and the full spa day. I have been racking my brain to see when I can do that but I can't. Before my birthday I don't have any free time to do all of the activities in one sitting. But if I can schedule this before my birthday then I will count it as in progress which will be better than not even started.

The beauty is that I am living my life and enjoying my time. This list has enabled me to find myself, my interests and share it with the people in my life who mean so much. One more month to go .....



No comments:

Post a Comment