Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving and Welcome to Wisconsin

Happy Thanksgiving!!! Today I am in Milwaukee with Caleb about to meet his family. We drove from Englewood and it took a little over 6 hours due to some traffic, rainfall, the quick stop and the fact that everyone was out on the road trying to go somewhere. But we made it safe and sound and were able to get some sleep.

Last night on the drive here I actually got to speak to his mom. It was kinda cool, it makes meeting her today less anxiety provoking. I am bummed that I will not be spending this holiday with my mom. I think this is the first time ever that I was not with her for Thanksgiving. But I will give her a call and check in on her.

Besides this being Thanksgiving this is also another state crossed off my list. Granted it is not official until I eat a meal here, but that will not be a problem. We will be here for four days and three nights and I am super pumped to spend it with Caleb and to go exploring. I will write more about this trip to this wonderful city and my interactions with his family upon my return.

No comments:

Post a Comment