Thursday, August 19, 2010

A flower for the people I care about....

To all of the individuals in my life, this flower is for you :) Well, I intentionally put the people I care about on my 30 by 30 because I feel that we as a society do not take the time out to actually tell the people in our lives how we feel unless we are at a wedding, a funeral, birth, or drunk. I have so many people in my life who I care deeply for. But do you know that? Granted by my actions I would hope that you can tell, but is that enough, can you really tell? Does my actions leave you with the impression that La'Keyta loves you and cares about your well being?

I feel that I am a hard person to know. I believe that I am an pessimist playing the role of an optimist. Caleb told me that he doesn't believe that, he knows that I am a good and genuine person... but am I? Side note: for the individuals reading this, this is not a ploy to have you tell me that I am a great person, or that I suck, etc, this is just my ranting and ravings.

I keep myself hidden from people who love me because I am constantly afraid that they won't like the true me. The true La'Keyta Inez Rayford is moody, jealous, imperfect, envious, depressed, anxious, sometimes hateful, dependable, loyal, funny, caring, a friend, a sister, a daughter, co-worker, affectionate, insecure, honest, scared, impatient, weird, humble, spontaneous, adventurous, impish, calm and so much more. Can you love me knowing that? For the few individuals in my life who has seen this true vision of me and still love me, thank you for loving me.

My 30 by 30 is to tell the people that I care about how I feel about them. So here it goes: for every individual in my life, by fate and by the grace & love of God, just know that I hold you in my heart and wish nothing but the best for you. I pray that God blesses you in all of your endeavors, that he illustrates to you the goodness in others even when they frustrate you, and that you truly realize what you have and be thankful.

I love all of you who are in my life, of course in varying degrees but I love you nonetheless and am so happy that you are in my life. Because I have so many individuals in my life, this posting is for you. Even if you don't read my blog, I am showing you and the world that I love and care about you.

Granted some of my loved ones will get personalized letters (starting soon) but adhering to my list, I hope that by writing this blog and my little stunt on Facebook (which will be having a different posting each day on the groups of people in my life) will let the people in my life know that I care about them.

1 comment: