Monday, July 5, 2010

Remembering Spunky....

This posting is dedicated to my boo boo Spunky Lee. I can remember coming home late at night in February 1998 with the sign on the front door saying be careful walking in. I did not know what to expect when I unlocked the door but in the living room was the cutest littlest light brown puppy I have ever seen. His eyes were so big and brown and his tail never stopped wagging. I dropped my shoes on the floor and got down and played with him. My mom decided to name him Spunky because he was so full of energy and he has always stayed true to that name.


Spunky has always been a bundle of joy, love, excitement and cuteness. I loved that dog like he was my child. I always told my mom that Spunky was my heart because I could not imagine my life without him. It was hard when Geoffrey passed away a few months after Spunky's arrival in 98 but having Spunky made it bearable. It was additionally hard for me going to school in Michigan in 1999 because I had to be away from Spunky but I loved coming home from breaks and playing with him.

With going away from school I told everyone that my mom had custody of him because when I came back in 2006 she decided to keep him even though I was back in Ohio for good. I still got to see the little guy and play with him but to ease my loneliness I got Buddy in 2007. Buddy and Spunky played together and it was the cutest thing. Spunky has been afraid of other dogs since he was attacked by another dog so I was happy that he played so well with Buddy. Even though I had Buddy, Spunky was always my heart and my boo boo.
On Friday, July 2nd my baby had to be put to sleep. Even as I write this I cry to think that I will never see my dog again. I miss him so much that it is painful. I sit in silence just looking at his picture and thinking about him and how he felt before being put to sleep. Did he wonder where I was, did he think I was coming, or was he in so much pain that he could not think. I tell myself that he is with Geoffrey playing as he did as a puppy. That thought does bring some happiness to me. I kinda wish that I got to see the little guy one last time, but if he was in that bad of shape like my mom said, I am happy that I saw him when he was okay.
My boo boo was not quite 12, and I just believed that he would always be around. He would get excited when I locked my car because he knew that I was coming to see him, he would wag his little tail and just seem so happy. My baby, I miss him so much that it hurts to even think that he is not here. I know that my mom and sister are not taking it well either. But instead of focusing on the fact that he is gone, I will focus on the love he brought and the memories I have of my Spunky. This is just one of the few videos I have of my baby, which makes me feel happy knowing that this little doggie had such a wonderful impact on my life. I love you Spunky Lee and I am happy that you are at peace little one.


No comments:

Post a Comment