Thursday, July 15, 2010

How my world is shaping out

So let's see... things have been going pretty well in my world. Granted I lost my boo boo a couple of weeks ago, but I am getting better. I did my running group last night and could not help but notice how every Wednesday is about the hottest day of the freakin week. But I ran and survived. While running with the 3 and 1 group I was talking to a co runner and she was informing me of the 1/2 marathon she is doing in September a week before mine. It is located in Dayton so not far from me and the price is a bit higher than the one I want to do in Oxford, but the good thing about Dayton is that I would have a running buddy who trained just like me and I will get this marked off my list a lot sooner than expected (well a week but still).

I am really considering doing this. The race I think is about $70 which is $30 more than Oxford so I guess I would just really have to weigh the pros and cons. I really want to do it but I feel like I am not even ready for my potential race on the 26th of September. Ahh decisions, decisions. Maybe I can talk Ann into running the Oxford with me but we are on two different levels so I am not sure if that would be more helpful for me. I wish that I would have took Caleb's offer and have him train with me. Good grief.

But I will do a 1/2 marathon, be it with Elizabeth in Dayton, by myself in Oxford or if I don't feel ready I will do it in October in Columbus. I kinda don't want to do that one because of the distance, the price and the fact that I just don't wanna.

I am trying to revamp my workout schedule. I have been dropping the ball a lot with working out and eating right. It is like I forgot that one of my 30 by 30 is to lose weight. Weighing myself on Monday I have gained roughly 5lbs that I lost for the 20lbs but I still have the 2lbs gone so somewhat of a success :)

This month I have been taking an inventory of my spending, my eating habits/patterns, working out, just about everything. I spend so frivolously that I am sickened by how much I waste monthly. The purpose of ASAP was to help decrease my bills, instead it increases my spending because I have the extra cash. I am trying to get back to a place where I survived off of a monthly pay check and the other income I get will be for savings and paying off extra bills. Unfortunately I can not do this until my August 31 check due to my two upcoming vacations to Atlantic City and Michigan. Both trips are booked and will be somewhat costly but it should be fine.

Well, I guess that I will continue to set goals and work on them. Hopefully this blog will keep me in check and hold me accountable. Let's see how it goes :) Until I write in you again....

No comments:

Post a Comment