Sunday, May 9, 2010

7 month mark

So hello and welcome to the recap of my journey. It has been one month since I created this blog and officially published my 30 things to do before 30. Today is just my way of holding myself accountable and sorta freaking out because I will be 30 in seven months (oh my word).

I have continued training for the marathon. I have been pushing myself in the running department which has been really good for me. I am about to take the running to the outdoors now, because let's face it, running on the treadmill is not the same as outdoors. I have yet to rerun for 45 minutes without stopping but I did run 33 minutes without stopping during an interval run where I ran for 2 mins with no incline and then 2 mins with 3.0 incline and so forth. It was such a workout that I was officially pooped. I figured 33mins was still good and hey, maybe if I did not do it on the interval program I could have done longer. Well I will push myself this week and see how it goes.

I brought a pretty black and white dress yesterday. That brings my update of my wardrobe to 2 outfits. I was going to buy more but I am trying to wait til I go on all of my planned vacations because their is nothing better than buying new clothing while away. Besides since I am still working on losing weight, I am taking my time purchasing clothes. To date, I have lost 4.8lbs of the needed 20lbs, so GO ME!!!

I have made so much progress with not letting my anxiety take over. Granted sometimes it still does, but for the most part I am going with the flow. I have seen this guy for over a month now and it is kinda scary, exciting and wonderful all at the same time. I am taking big chances and so far reaping the benefits ;)

I have paid off one credit card, and working on paying off a second one. I have not saved anymore money so what I last posted it what is still saved so at least that is better than not having anything saved. I do get paid from asap this week so I will save at least $20. I purchased my final bottle of Riesling putting me at needing 9 more bottles of wine to have a completely stocked wine bar.

I have attended an cultural fair at the Cincinnati Museum Center which was awesome and I finished reading 2 books. The second one being Gods behaving badly by Marie Phillips. It was so good and such a refreshing twist on the Greek Gods. I laughed out loud several times and kinda want to buy it, but I have so much more things to purchase on my list that I will hold off til later. I am reading The Lucifer Effect, but due to some of the ugliness of it, I am reading another book to just lift my spirits for a bit. So today or tomorrow I am going to start another book. This goal was much easier than I originally planned, so that makes me happy.

The last thing that I have done is signed up to take an art class at a local cultural center down from where I live. They have yet to cash the check so I am not sure if I can say that I am enrolled in an art class but hopefully soon it will be cashed therefore my participation is official.

Well these were all of the things that I done in a month. I am looking forward to many more accomplishments and adventures on my way from being 29 to 30. Until I write in you again.....

No comments:

Post a Comment